Friday, January 29, 2010

Spring Fever - Oh feathers!

Birds, and birds everywhere, I can't wait for the spring to come and the cold weather to be a thing of the past, so I had to put my contribution to feel a little bit more "springy"
This project consists on gathering wathever you already have in hand and use it to create a botanical arragement  with a touch of romantic whimsy. In this case I used an old container, you can use terracota, metal, or plastic, I also needed a poted plant, some reindeer moss or anykind of moss to cover the pot, a topiary or trellis( you can made this one yourself with a branch.)
 The whimsical part is given by bringing any bird, furry animal, butterfly, even shells look really pretty around this "live" arrangements.
I always advocate for having  arrangements rather than simple cut flowers for the only reason that they last all  season and you can reuse them as many times as you want.
I let birds to nest wherever they want in my house, even on my mirrors coners.

4 comments:

  1. I like your topiary. I have a planter about the same size that I have not decided what to do with. I may incorporate your idea. I love the little bird on the corner of the mirror!

    Thank you for sharing your creative ideas with us today.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdies and I, too, can't wait for spring to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice projects. Love the nest on the corner of your mirror. I'll have to see if I can pull that off somewhere and see if my boys notice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and for your visit. Please come back!