Thursday, February 18, 2010

DYI *QUICKGlass Etching*

Recently I found new ways to embellish my old container and give them a fresh fancy look without breaking the bank, this is one way to use my punchers  and my cricut for making stencils. I used a roll of self adhesive covering ( you can buy them for about $5 for 9 feet, instead of using the brandname rolls that are much more expensive), armour etch, a little brush and a recycled glass container.
First I cut my stencil( cricut or by hand), peel it and applied it on a previously clean container, second step is to apply carefully with the brush a dab of etch cream, paying attention to the edges, the cream works in seconds so it's important to keep the area clean only apply it on the parts you want to etch. Let the cream work for about 5 minutes. Wash the piece and there! it is, super easy...
Coming soon more DIY projects ( 20 minutes cloche etching) and more news on Petticoats and Parasols

5 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog via My Romantic home. I love it! I looked at all your posts and enjoyed every single one. I love birds, papercrafting and collecting too...I added you to my list of favorites.
    I love this stencil idea! Welcome to the world of blogging..I might have to get back to it myself. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, I'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project, if only I had a cricut. I want one more every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo can also use puncher ( I love the martha's designs) or even print on the back of the vinyl paper and cut it by hand. I hope this tip helps a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and for your visit. Please come back!