Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gourmet Gift Under $7

I have always like to make myself gifts for my friends when the time comes, I feel that bought gifts are a bit less impersonnal than the homespun ones. I personally love gourmet gifts, I can't explain exactly to my husband the difference between an oil from the super market or an oil imported from some mediterranean country, well I guess the real deal gets seal by the presentationt. With that in mind, I decided to reuse what I already got and turn it into a great  affordable  gift
 I went to the store and got a regular virgin olive oil, poured into a recycled( pink lemonade) glass , the bottle already comes with a cork attached, I cut some aromatic herbs from my herb garden, washed them and put them in the oil ( rosted garlic or even fancy pantsy truffles can be added), for the decorative part , I  reuse and old tag and found an string ball to secure it to the bottle. This is my easy way to "make" a home spun gurmet oil.
Oil- $8.75 for the big bottle, I only used half $4.37
Herbs- $0 for me, but if you buy it it's around $2
recycled tag, card, or whatever $0
A pice of yarn, hemp, string $0
recycled old glass bottle $0 = 6.37


This is quite decorative as much as it's useful, you can tell  that I need to be resourceful to decorate a vinyl countertop, ohh I love military housing, gives me tha chance to use my brain to find ways to decorate. Everytime we move it's a challenge to reuse one old glass bootle.

1 comment:

  1. Love flavored oils but what caught my eye is the vignette with the cute little bare lamp shade, adorable! Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and for your visit. Please come back!