Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finder's Keepers- Ephemera display


One of the biggest problems of being a "collector" of ephemera (and pretty much of everything) is the space issue, since I live in military housing is always a problem to find any space in my house to display my little collections. So I came with this solution, I had enough papers around for scrapbooking even when  I never get to scrap anything because I  feel that I can’t compromise my objects to stay permanent in one project, I always  need to use them several times in it’s life time, Needles to say I never throw anything away, first because I love the things I have , second because I feel guilty to contaminate the planet so I try to reuse pretty much everything that find its way to my home


I guess I will be changing colors or adding more pictures, only time will tell

You need a flat surface, like this recycled table , paper scraps, whatever you love and already have, you can also use fabric, dried leaves, ephemera anything you want to display


I'm a sucker for old post cards, I pick this one because my baby storm, I mean son, is Taurus.

2 comments:

  1. That's was a great tip Montse! Thanks for sharing with us. I too have many collections and nowhere to put everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love old postcards, too! Some one them have the funniest sayings...I know things had a different meaning back then, so in todays world they can be so wacky. But the graphics are always fabulous! I am always surprised no one has come out with a greeting card line that mimics old postcards yet...hmmm...maybe I just gave away my million dollar idea! ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and for your visit. Please come back!